Internationally acclaimed authors and seminar leaders Ariel & Shya Kane are approved, licensed vendors for the NYC Department of Education (Vendor #ARI225637 01). Since 1987, the Kanes have been offering individual coaching, personal development, professional development and executive excellence courses. They have successfully coached and worked with educators, including principals, administrators, mentors teachers, teachers and teaching assistants, in the area of professional development and teacher effectiveness. After leading workshops around the world for over 30 years, the Kanes’ consulting is accompanied by rich resources, including over 600 podcasts, a database of articles, numerous videos and six award-winning books.
The Kanes’ approach to leadership and teamwork is a highly effective, unique exploration into the nature of communication, especially listening, which can be applied everywhere from the classroom to educational leadership. Using an anthropological approach, their programs serve as a non-judgmental laboratory that reveals and helps to dissolve those common, unaware, reflexive behaviors that are counterproductive in an educational environment. As a result, teachers and school leaders have been able to establish stronger cultures for learning and raise expectations for student performance.
Through interactive dialog, practical demonstrations and exercises, participants discover their own abilities as effective communicators and come away with an expanded sense of confidence and competence, a direct experience of how to foster teamwork and a more straightforward, natural and effective way of communicating with fellow teachers, staff and in the classroom with students. Other key benefits include:
- Dramatically improved communication and listening skills resulting in higher student achievement
- Ability to operate as both a leader and a team player
- Greater personal effectiveness in meeting the demands of educational initiatives and requirements
- Expanded ability to respond to the needs of students
- Greater rapport with students, managers, co-workers, and staff
- Ability to give directions and instructions in a way that elicits a positive response, resulting in a safer and more positive school environment
- Greater job satisfaction and sense of self-expression
- Less job related stress
- Greater ease in dealing with “problem” situations
In the Kanes’ interactive seminars, educators will discover the keys to managing the demands of teaching with ease while expanding their ability to be productive, effective and satisfied. Participants will gain tools to create effective environments in which all students can reach their full potential.
Educators are invited to participate in Speak Up! or any of the Kanes’ upcoming seminars. For more information, visit their Event Calendar page.